March 23, 2013

Eating out in Katowice.

We were not in Katowice for long before winter set in and the sidewalk tables at the eateries on Mariacka were pulled inside. I'm still waiting for spring to come along so that the tables return...

Mariacka St.
   Mariacka is a pretty hip and trendy walking street with a bistro, beer (piwo) shop (sklep), my favorite piekarnia, an antique store and some restaurants. We finally checked out one that was on my list, Hurry Curry. A small hole-in-the-wall curry joint that is just splendid.


   Hurry Curry also happens to be across the street from perhaps the coolest bar in town as well - Kredens (the cupboard). Where some of the tables are made from old sewing machines.


   Because you never know when a beer or two may inspire your next sewing project. It's just things like this that make me love Katowice more and more. You never know what you'll find but I can bet you'll always be pleasantly surprised.


   So, back to Hurry Curry... Where you'll also find a bizarre selection of cola beers from Germany... Sometimes what the Germans will do to their beer makes me very nervous.


   The day's special of Rendang was fabulous. I swapped out the rice for naan which was then stolen away by our two-year old.


   And my other delight which was also stolen away by the child was my mango lassi. Next time, two orders of naan and two orders of lassi and all should be right with the world.


   Well, there's a little taste of the restaurant scene here in Katowice. There's always something to discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment